On March 28th I took Jadyn in for her 18 month appointment. Can you believe it?
While we were waiting for the doctor she kept getting the keys out of the diaper bag and bringing them to me. I think that she was trying to tell me she was ready to go. She does fine until you lay her on the table to measure her and she freaks out because she thinks you are about to torture her with needles. She didn't even get shots this time either which was a nice break. Its good to see that she is growing and healthy. She still says around 8 words regularly but I think she will take off here in the language department pretty soon.
- Words she says: Mama, Dada, no, whoa (this used to be her favorite word anytime she slipped or dropped something), hi (with an accentuated 'E' sound at the end) shoe, eye, pat, "ba" for bath, "sh" for brush teeth, "buba" for bubbles, and a whole other language I cannot understand
- Favorite foods are eggs, snap peas, strawberries, green beans, pretzels, and chicken nuggets. Eats most anything you give her thankfully, except broccoli, cooked peas, and peanut butter.
- I will now catch her reading books all by herself. She will sit on the floor open them up and point and talk and turn the pages.
- If she gets a hold of a paper towel or baby wipe she will try to clean the whole house including her high chair, the floors, baby dolls face, tv stand, even the walls.
- Playing out side is still her favorite thing to do. She will come hold my hand and drag me to the front door about ten times a day begging to go outside. I hate rainy/snowy days because of this.
- Loves to do anything artsy. Give her a crayon, some colored pencils, or even a pen and this girl will sit and color for quite a while. She has just started finger painting and loves that as well.
- Is starting to be a lot more social. Anytime we go to the grocery store she will wave and say hi to everyone. Its seriously the cutest thing. I hate it when the cashier doesn't even acknowledge her with her little wave and sweet little voice saying "hiiii".
- Loves Ring-a-Round-the-Rosies
- When she dances she pumps her fists in the air. Awesome.
We love this girl!